Oak Orchard is an integrated health system serving 30,000 patients at 10 locations. Oak Orchard Health is a recognized Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) 501(c)3 nonprofit Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC).
Like many healthcare groups, Oak Orchard Health was short-staffed as it emerged from the pandemic. As part of their effort to remain focused on providing quality healthcare to patients, Oak Orchard engaged SIB to review their indirect expenses.
SIB performed a preliminary analysis of Oak Orchard’s vendor spend to identify the best opportunities for savings. Using a Vendor Transaction Report, the SIB analysts were able to identify high-potential categories for cost reduction. We then shared benchmarking data to quickly pinpoint two high-yield savings opportunities: waste removal and medical supplies.
SIB’s team worked with Oak Orchard’s existing vendor to achieve and implement new target pricing without changing service levels.
- $73,000 in annual savings in waste removal and medical supplies
- 79% reduction in waste removal spending with no changes in vendor or service levels
- Ongoing bill monitoring to ensure that the savings stay in place
Our work with other Federally Qualified Community Health Centers
- SIB has engaged 14 FQCHC clients
- $630,000 in savings achieved for four FHCHC clients
- $1 million in savings identified and in-process for seven engaged clients
Read the Case Study to Learn More About our Work with Federally Qualified Health Care Centers.Download