All commercial food service establishments require regular hood and oven cleaning in order to maintain equipment in good working order and to comply with mandated health regulations. It is a specialty service that usually cannot be performed by in-house kitchen or janitorial staff, so it should factor into your fixed costs much the same as grease or other waste disposal does. Even if you are pleased with the service you are receiving, you might be surprised to find that you could be paying too much. SIB cost reduction consultants can help you lower hood and oven cleaning service costs, leveraging years of experience and a deep understanding of industry practices.
Cost Reduction Analysis for Hood & Oven Cleaning
Hood and oven cleaning contracts cover a range of services from regular cleaning and maintenance to parts, repairs, and installations. There are often hidden costs at play as well that can add up over time—sometimes needlessly. Here are some important things to know about your hood and oven cleaning contract:
- You will be charged according to the size of the hood and the length of the ducts—generally per linear foot
- Additional exhaust fans, plenums, forced cleaning (due to health department citations), duct scraping, access panels, first time cleaning, and multi-story ducts command an extra fee
- Wood-fire cooking and wok cooking are charged extra
- Travel fees may be applied for multiple locations
- Some companies may bring their own water for power washing, and may charge extra
These are just a few of the complexities you should be aware of. But these complexities also provide areas of opportunity for SIB to help you reduce your hood and oven cleaning costs. Through a thorough cost reduction analysis, our expense management specialists will help you find savings. Our experts will dive deep into your contract to determine whether you are getting the best possible value for your service commitment. If you are paying for services you do not use, or if you’re paying a premium for the services that you require, we will negotiate a rate that is more in-line with your needs.
Though every situation is different, some of the ways SIB can reduce your hood and oven cleaning costs include:
- Obtaining discounts for multiple locations and removing travel fees
- Re-scheduling service for daytime hours, where possible, at a reduced rate (most hood cleaning services operate overnight)
- Benchmarking your contract pricing against our extensive database of industry rates—and negotiating accordingly
- Removing pricing premiums for different types of cooking
SIB’s No-Risk Approach
SIB is America’s leader in cost reduction services. With decades of experience in cost reduction, we have amassed a national database of benchmarked rates across a broad range of industries. Putting this data to work for you, we guarantee that we will uncover opportunities to reduce expenses—or you don’t owe us a dime.
If there are billing errors or any instances in which you are being overcharged, we will obtain the applicable credits or refunds for you while renegotiating your agreement at a more equitable rate. We leave no stone unturned in our cost reduction analysis and are so confident in our ability to help you save that we offer this service to you completely risk-free.
Contact SIB today to learn how you can reduce hood and oven cleaning costs and other expenses.