Class Action Claim Filing Services
SIB provides our clients with a variety of class action claim services, including:
- Researching our contact database, by industry, to notify all clients/contacts of claims/settlements they could be eligible for;
- Thoroughly reviewing the court’s Plan of Allocation to determine the most rewarding method to file a claim;
- Gathering the necessary documentation that is needed to effectively file a claim and, when documentation is unavailable or impractical to obtain, developing alternative methods to satisfy the documentation requirements, including, if necessary, compiling and analyzing relevant records to determine claim amounts;
- Customizing, preparing, and submitting claims on behalf of our clients;
- Managing the claim throughout the administration process;
- Addressing any questions or concerns presented by the claims administrators;
- Providing transparency through regular updates during the recovery process; and
- Auditing payments to our clients to assure payouts are fair and accurate.
SIB claim filing services are provided under the same shared savings compensation model featured in our Shared Savings Service Agreement.
To get started, your SIB sales rep will send you a Claim Service Agreement for signature. Once the signed Claim Service Agreement has been returned, our staff will work with your designated contact to collect the necessary documentation to properly file your claim.
Documentation & Deadlines
What documentation is needed from you? There are multiple ways to show your claim amount for each claim, but here are some examples of documentation needed to properly file:
- Purchase Records (e.g. operating expenses, capital improvements, or any records that would contain spend figures related to the respective claim)
- Site List (including relevant site information, e.g. number of rooms, date of construction, etc.)
- Tax ID and date of incorporation
These are some examples of helpful documentation to show your claim amount, but if these records are unavailable or burdensome to recover, SIB will work with your designated contact to develop an alternative method to calculate your claim amount.
Documentation must be submitted to SIB before the filing deadline. The filing deadlines for each claim are:
- Optical Disk Drives: July 1, 2017
- Automotive Parts: TBD
- Lithium Ion Batteries: TBD